I have not said anything about ceremony planning. I am leaving that up to you. Some Brides have dreamed of getting married at their family Church or Synagogue. There is a cost for these places and it depends on the facility. The cost can run anywhere from $300 to over $1000. Check with your Minister or Rabbi for the COMPLETE cost of using the facility. Ask them if there are any restrictions, get everything in writing!
Well we have to get down to it. How much will this cost? We have chosen a unique venue in Urbana, IL for our example: 88 Broadway. We have our budget set and we think it is pretty generous. We just watched the latest “My Fairytale Wedding” and we know exactly what we want. Now all we have to do is figure out if we can afford it!
You have the questions to ask and you went through them all so now you realize there are costs involved other than just the rental of the space.
88 Broadway in Urbana, IL. Check out their website at www.88broadwayevents.com.
Items & Services Morning Price Evening Price
9 AM – 4 PM
Gold Package $2,805.00 $3,300.00
Silver Package $2,545.75 $2,995.00
Bronze Package $1,653.25 $1,945.00
Copper Package $964.75 $1,135.00
Rental Cost is $964 – $3300 depending on the package you choose (Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Copper) and the time of day you choose (there is a 15% discount for use before 4p.m.) These costs include the rental of the space, tables & chairs for 150 guests, and linens in black, white, or champagne. Keep in mind that tables, chairs, and linens for more that 150 guests will cost extra. Non-alcoholic drinks are included in the price. There are also 4 different bar packages to choose from for your alcohol needs. Complimentary champagne is served to the bride and groom. Some decorating items are included, but are they what you want?
For more Champagne/Urbana, IL wedding venues, keep reading our blog! We’ll be providing details for the I-Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn, and Hawthorne Suites in the weeks to come.
Find out what you are getting when you fall in love with a place. Once you know what it costs, you might not love it so much. Do you have to bring everything else in? Will you need chair covers for the chairs if they are not pretty? If they do provide some linens, how much is it to rent extras? If you want the facility for a rehearsal, what is the fee and is it an hourly rate? If you require more set up time the day before, how much does that cost you.
Now we need Caterers. Caution! Before you hire a caterer make sure of a few things.
You need to know that each venue has a kitchen, equipped with refrigerators, freezer, stove and microwave.
Remember those questions? Here are the questions you will need when talking with the catering company:
- Is there a fee for tastings?
- How many people can I bring along with me to the tasting?
- What is the staff to guest ratio?
- What is the staff dress code? Formal or casual?
- If buffet style is offered, are servers provided or will it be self-serve? Is there a plated service available?
- Is there an extra charge for buffet servers? If so, how much?
- Do you have a liquor license?
- Is there an extra charge for bartenders? If so, how much?
- Do you provide cake cutting/serving service? Is it part of the basic package? If not, what is the additional cost?
- Do you provide the wedding cake, or should I hire an outside baker?
- If you provide the cake, is there an extra charge? If so, how much?
- Is the champagne toasting service included or is that an extra charge? If an extra charge, how much?
- Does the headcount include wedding professionals at the event (photographers, DJs, etc.)?
- Are there special prices for feeding our DJ, band, photographer and other wedding professionals?
- Are there special prices for children?
Here is an added question YOU MUST ASK! If you have to rent all that stuff it really jacks the cost up.
- Do you provide linens, china, silverware, glassware? Is it included in the price? If not, what is the extra charge?
- Don’t forget the Tax 9.75 % and 18% Gratuity (also called a Service Fee).
Here are some Catering Vendors we have had experiences with
2011 Margaret Moore, www.simpleeleganceeventsandweddings.com
Want to use this article in your E-zine or website? You can as long as you include this complete statement:
Event Planning entrepreneur Margaret Moore with Simple Elegance Events and Wedding Designs publishes this weekly e-zine. Get your FREE “My Dream Wedding without the Nightmare” at www.simpleeleganceventsandweddings.com