Why is it important to send a thank you card? I thanked the person when I saw them last. Isn’t that enough? NO!
Your friends and family reserved this day for you. They may have taken off work, traveled from far away…Most likely bought a new outfit and a gift for you and the love of your life….You can show your heartfelt gratitude by sending them a Thank You!!!
Not sending a hand written thank you is rude!
Here are a couple tips on the how and when to send Thank You’s.
- According to etiquette, you are to send your Thank You within 3 months of your wedding.
- Please DO NOT think that a cute little picture of you and your spouse holding a sign that says “THANK YOU” is enough!! Again your friends and family took time out of their lives to spend this day with you and to get you a gift…You must include a hand written note!!!
- When hand writing your Thank You be sure to include the gift given and a little bit of something about how you intend to use it.
Example: Aunt Ruby, Thank you so much for the beautiful photo frame. It will look great sitting on our mantle. We will think of you whenever we see it!
- Here is an example if you are sending a thank you for a gift card or monetary gift.
Dear Aunt Ruby, Thank you for your very generous gift. We plan on using it to purchase our new kitchen set.
- NEVER imply that a gift will be returned or exchanged!!!
- If they were a guest at your wedding be sure to thank them for sharing your special day with you.
Yes this will take time and it can be a bit of a pain but – Please Remember – Writing a Thank You is not an option, it’s a RESPONSIBILITY!!!!
|Receive Your Complimentary Guide on “How to Plan YOUR Wedding for A to Z”|
Want to use this information in your Blog? You can but you must include this statement: Written By: Miranda Davis of Simple Elegance where it is more than just a wedding, it’s your memory. Visit us at www.aweddingtodreamof.com