Ok, did you do it? Did you and your loved one sit down and talk about the big bad budget? Look people if you don’t set a budget you cannot plan smart. Without a budget you’re like a boat without an oar, “Our thoughts create our reality — where we put our focus is the direction we tend to go. Peter McWilliams,” “One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular. Anthony Robbins”
What other little saying can I come up with to help you see how important this is? SET ONE, that’s it. Here is a site where you can download a free excel spreadsheet to keep track of all you expenses! I love this thing. I am so glad I found it. It is one of the first things I send to all our brides http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/wedding-budget.html Yes I am giving away our secrets. Use this tool! Ok Our pretend couple has set a budget of $30,000 for 300 guests.
Miranda and Julie will talk with you about Designing the perfect day and how to do it. Watch for their advice! You don’t want to miss that.
- If your heart is set on a specific location such as a church or reception site, you’ll need to check right away. Popular venues book far in advance, and I am talking far. Some are up to 2 or more years in advance, so call them as soon as possible to get a sense of dates they have available.
- Keep in mind that when you have the ceremony at one location and the reception at another, you’ll need to coordinate availability at both sites.
- Pull your work calendar and your fiancé’s so you can schedule time for the wedding and honeymoon. Many people have jobs in which there is a “busy season” so you’ll want to avoid work conflicts.
- Many venues host more than just weddings, so they’ll book up for holiday parties as well. CAUTION, some venues may charge extra during holidays make sure you check with your venue for any added costs
- You may elect to hold your wedding during a holiday, such as Labor Day, because you and your family will have additional time off work in order to travel and visit.
- During holidays, such as Christmas, many venues put up additional decorations and floral arrangements, so you can take advantage of this and save money in your budget.
- Keep in mind special dates of your parents and not so special dates – lots of parents do not want their children getting married on the date of marriages that didn’t last – and believe me, you want to keep the folks happy so they’ll pick up the tab!
- Plan around vacation time available for your and your soon-to-be spouse because you want a nice long honeymoon and you don’t want to have to rush! Trust me, you’ll need the rest after the wedding planning!
- If someone in your family or your fiancé’s family is having an important birthday, such as their 50th, you’ll want to select another date so that you don’t compete with their celebration.
STAY TUNED AS WE GET QUOTES ON 2011 PRICES FOR POPULAR BLOOMINGTON NORMAL RECEPTION SITES
Our couple wants something different so we are going to look at
The Bloomington Center for Performing Arts http://www.cityblm.org/bcd/ Dave will help you with anything you need!
Davis Lodge at Lake Bloomington http://www.cityblm.org/page.asp?show=section&id=2811
Here is an interesting pdf you might look into http://www.cityblm.org/parks/Parks-Facilities/pdfs/RentalBrochure.pdf
Station 220 (Central Station) http://www.centralstation.cc/ Love Nanam Yoon she does a fantastic job, could not say enough!
Crestwicke Country Club http://www.crestwicke.com/
We will also check out the more traditional
Eastland Suites http://www.eastlandsuites.com/index.cfm/id:2 Kim is FANTASTIC!
The Marriott Hotel http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bmimc-bloomington-normal-marriott-hotel-and-conference-center/ Gorgeous
The Doubletree Hotel http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/BMIDTDT-Doubletree-Hotel-Bloomington-Illinois/index.do AJ is a great guy!
The Parke Hotel http://www.parkehotel.com/ Tell Tammy we said Hi when you check them out!
The Holiday Inn Airport http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/bloomington/bmiil/hoteldetail Jamie and Kayla are so sweet and helpful!
320 South Towanda Avenue Normal, IL 61761 (309) 452-8900 http://www.hamptoninnnormal.com/
Wow that is alot of information! See you Tomorrow!
2011 Margaret Moore, www.simpleeleganceeventsandweddings.com
Want to use this article in your E-zine or website? You can as long as you include this complete statement:
Event Planning entrepreneur Margaret Moore with Simple Elegance Events and Wedding Designs publishes this weekly e-zine. Get your FREE “My Dream Wedding without the Nightmare” at www.simpleeleganceventsandweddings.com